BUTTER OR MARGARINE?
Positive ( 0 )
Negative ( 0 )
Butter or Margarine?
Margarine was originally manufactured to fatten turkeys. When it killed the turkeys, the people who had put all the money into the research wanted a payback so they put their heads together to figure out what to do with this product to get their money back. It was a white substance with no food appeal so they added the yellow coloring and sold it to people to use in place of butter. They have come out with some clever new flavorings.
DO YOU KNOW... the difference between margarine and butter?
Both have the same amount of calories.
- Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams compared to 5 grams for margarine.
- Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients in other foods.
- Butter has many nutritional benefits where margarine has a few only because they are added!
- Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavors of other foods.
- Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has been around for less than 100 years.
And now, for Margarine..
- Very high in trans fatty acids.
- Eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53% over eating the same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard Medical Study.
- Increases total cholesterol and LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) and lowers HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol)
- Increases the risk of cancers up to five fold.
- Lowers quality of breast milk.
- Decreases immune response.
And the most disturbing fact....
- Decreases insulin response.
This fact alone was enough to have me avoiding margarine for life and anything else that is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is added, changing the molecular structure of the substance).
- Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC.
You can try this yourself:
Purchase a tub of margarine and leave it in your garage or shaded area. Within a couple of days you will note a couple of things:
* no flies, not even those pesky fruit flies will go near it (that should tell you something)
* it does not rot or smell differently because it has no nutritional value;
* Nothing will grow on it - Even those teeny weeny microorganisms will not a find a home to grow.
Why? Because it is nearly plastic. Would you melt your Tupperware and spread that on your toast?
Once again, we have a choice. It is the little things in life that make a difference. It is the same with your health. Small changes over a period of time will make a difference.
Why is everyone so sick? Could it be because we have been brainwashed into thinking that what we buy in our grocery stores is safe and good for us? Have we been misled by the pharmaceutical companies, the FDA, and others, all in the name of money? It is up to each of us to find out for ourselves. This is what I have done and am sharing the information with you.
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." Hosea 4:6
There are no comments for this elert. Be the first to comment.