Publisher: David Lockley
Gadget Name: Natural Health
About This Gadget:
Welcome to Natural Health the internet supersite for Natural Health and Alternative Medicine. Natural Health is part of a network of websites owned and operated by Self Improvement Online, Inc., a privately held New Jersey based Internet company.
Our company's mission is to provide informative, quality Self Improvement and Natural Health information to help people improve their lives. We provide information ranging from Goal Setting and Stress Management to Natural Health and Alternative Medicine.
|EAR ACHE HOME REMEDIES - 7 TIPS ON THINGS YOU CAN DO||Published: 16/03/10|
|Positive ( 0 ) Negative ( 0 )|
Earaches are usually a by product of a cold and can happen to children and adults, though children are more prone to them and tend to get them more often. Fluids can build up in the Eustachian tubes creating pressure on the eardrum which can cause a lot of pain. The earaches do tend to be more common at night since you are laying down. You may need to see your doctor in order to get an antibiotic for your ear infection and there are also some easy to use ear ache home remedies.
You don't have to lose sleep or suffer needlessly with an earache. Here are some things that you can use to relieve the pressure and pain of an earache and maybe get a little sleep tonight:
1. Use a hair dryer, on a low setting, to relieve the pain. Just make sure that your hair dryer is on a low setting so you don't burn yourself. You also want a low fan speed since a heavy wind blowing at your ear will just make it feel worse.
2. Use a heating pad to lay on the outside of your sore ear to provide some pain relief.
3. Garlic is a natural antibiotic and can help relieve the pain of your ear. Just take a garlic clove, puncture it, drain the juice and add a few drops of that juice to your sore ear.
4. Take a few drops of mineral or olive oil and place it into the sore ear. These oils can help provide some relief from the pain. Warm the oil before putting it in your ear, make sure it's not too hot, it should be no hotter than body temperature. Use an ear dropper to apply a few drops, just enough to coat the inner ear is all you need.
5. Use a hot water bottle, or a microwave safe plate that has been heated up, wrap in a towel to soften it and to act as a barrier so you don't burn yourself, and lay your sore ear directly on the towel as if it were a pillow. The heat should offer some pain relief.
6. Many people have claimed to have more earache pain when they eat dairy products. If you are suffering from an earache, avoid milk, butter, cheese, and other dairy products until your earache has cleared up.
7. If your ear is sore due to an altitude change on a plane, just chew a piece of gum or some food. This should alleviate the pressure buildup and allow your ears to pop.
Of course, if your earache comes with a high fever or other symptoms, you should talk to your doctor since this could be a sign of some other problems. Use one, or more, of these ear ache home remedies the next time your nasty cold turns into a nasty earache. They can offer you some immediate relief and since most earaches tend to happen when you're trying to sleep, immediate is a good thing.
There are no comments for this elert. Be the first to comment.